Blazingly fast and lightweight macOS application that instantly helps OCR/copy any non-selectable or uncopiable text from your Mac screen.
- Apple Silicon M1/M2 - optimised
- Requires macOS Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma
How to instantly copy text from the screen?
You can OCR any screen area in seconds with a single keyboard shortcut. Launch the TextSniper app. Press Shift+Command+2 (⇧⌘2) or click the TextSniper icon in the menu bar to select the Capture Text item. Next, draw the rectangle over the screen area you want to OCR. The text inside the selection will be instantly recognized and copied to the clipboard. Press Command+V (⌘V) to paste into any app: notes, pages, safari, social media, etc.
TextSniper can recognize over 14 languages:
- Under macOS Catalina: English only.
- Under macOS Big Sur/Monterey: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional.
- Under macOS Ventura: All above + Japanese, Korean, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Under macOS Sonoma: All above + Cantonese Traditional and Simplified, Thai and Vietnamese.
- Other Latin alphabet languages could have issues with accented character recognition.
Vertical text recognition:
- TextSniper recognizes vertically oriented Chinese, Japanese, and Korean text. This feature is currently available running TextSniper's latest version on macOS Sonoma.
People love using TextSniper:
Gary Chike 👍
TextSniper has been a life saver. I had to take an online course that had questions in which the text were not selectable. So I was able to use TextSniper OCR to copy the text and paste it into a search engine to review.
Chauncey Davis 👍
I love this little app - I do a lot of training docs, and sometimes I need to grab quotes and more so numbers and codes that are in screen shots or images.
E Chu 👍
Awesome app! I use it to capture slide contents on Zoom calls. Highly recommended. Fast and accurate!
Danielle Williams 👍
Can't imagine my computer without it. It does exactly what it says. I needed some text off of a pdf and it took it in perfectly.
Thilo Schmidt 👍
It is an excellent, helpful and well-working app that saves me time. I have already recommended TextSniper to my Mac colleagues.
For more info, please visit https://textsniper.app/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org